[asterisk-dev] Easy packaging (Was unstable releases)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Jan 16 14:08:11 CST 2008

On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 03:06:43PM -0800, Daniel Hazelbaker wrote:
> For me, the hardest thing with even thinking about testing with trunk
> is that it is not always easy to rollback to a previous "version" if
> something is not working and you just can't get around it.

If there is interest/demand I wouldn't mind having a development set
of packages at ATrpms. ATrpms already has a stability sectioning into
stable/testing/bleeding, e.g. the trunk bits would get into
bleeding. A similar scheme works great for example for mythtv
development.

I also wouldn't mind keeping the packaging as distribution neutral as
possible to allow SuSE/Madriva and any other rpm distro to either
directly use the src.rpms or at least have very few modifications to
do (ideally I would really want the specfiles to be the same for all
distros - of course this only works within a packaging family like rpm
distros and deb distros). I already try to be as distribution neutral
as possible, but it needs to be tested by true SuSE/Mandriva power
users to find any wrong bits.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net