[asterisk-dev] Easy packaging (Was unstable releases)

Daniel Hazelbaker daniel at highdesertchurch.com
Wed Jan 16 13:12:39 CST 2008

On Jan 16, 2008, at 10:23 AM, Joel Vandal wrote:

> I've write .spec file for all theses packages, use official packages
> (ex. Asterisk 1.4.17), no special patches (except small bugfixes from
> SVN branches, backport, etc), ok I change some script for our need
> like
> AST_USER to run as scopserv instead of asterisk users.
>
> I use a single build server that have all distros installed in
> 'chroot'
> mode and using YAM to build all theses packages.

Would you be able to post, or maybe just e-mail me directly, how you
went about setting up a build environment that lets you build for so
many different systems using a single machine?

How hard do you think it would be, since you have obviously put in a
fair amount of effort into this, to merge any support changes you
might have made into the main code to be able to do this; and do you
have script(s) to build all the packages or do you have to do it by
hand each time a new release is made?

> Joel Vandal, CTO
> ScopServ International, Inc.

Daniel