[asterisk-dev] devicestate

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Wed Jan 16 08:47:18 CST 2008

> I agree for real devices. However i wonder - why i can't change state
> for Local channels.

Funny enough, I had this same issue today within Queue(). I'm using
queue_member in extconfig.conf (realtime members) which delivers calls
to a Local channel which then finds the physical location in the cluster
and delivers the call there. The problem I was having was that when the
Local channel would be ringing a device, the device status was set to
(Unknown), which would cause that same device to be called multiple
times when there were multiple people waiting in the Queue().

Once the call was answered the status changed to In Use, and then
everything worked as expected. I had a patch made that caused Queue() to
not deliver calls to members with a status of Unknown -or- In Use, and
that solved my problem for now, but not entirely sure what issues I'll
run into in the future because of it :)

Leif Madsen.