[asterisk-dev] compiling trunk under cygwin

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Thu Jan 10 00:17:48 CST 2008

Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> looks like a problem with the subversion client you used to download
> the file. Did you use the cygwin version of svn or something else ?

You nailed it.  On IRC, he indicated that he was using a windows svn client,
tortisesvn.  Furthermore, we have the svn:eol-type property set on files to be
"native".  That means, when you check out files, it sets the line endings to be
the native type for your system.  In the case of using a windows client, you get
\r\n endings.

dos2unix will fix it.  But, as you have alluded to, checking out the source
using the cygwin version of svn is the right thing to do to avoid the problem.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer