[asterisk-dev] astobj2 and chan_sip; first results... wanna test drive it?

Steve Murphy murf at digium.com
Fri Jan 4 09:11:50 CST 2008

On Fri, 2008-01-04 at 09:32 +0100, Johansson Olle E wrote:
> Steve,
>
> This is work that has been on my wishlist for a very long time. Thank
> you!
>
> I hope to get time to test drive this soon and have some ideas on how
> to do it.
>
> We need to discuss the dialog matching to se fix it once and for all,
> there's a lot
> of open issues I have there on my list from SIPit testings, some tests
> I could never
> participate in because Asterisk crashed totally nad did everything
> wrong in the
> matching...
>
> Right now I'm busy finding new projects to work with on a consultancy
> basis
> and a new sponsor for my Asterisk work.
>
> /O

Olle--

I wish you absolute best of luck in your search for funding. I'm
painfully aware of how stressful such efforts can be.

I'd love to discuss some of the options with you, if you get a free
moment. Until then, I have a few questions:

1. on dialog matching-- if headers and tags are to be used for matching
multiple dialogs with the same callid, how often would this happen in
the course of "normal" activity, and how many such dialogs (with the
same callid) would normally exist; how many **COULD** exist? I'm going
to try to read the sip spec so I can understand the whole dialog
"thing". I'm not looking forward to it.

2. utf-8 in asterisk-- It occurs to me that we switched asterisk to vi
mode instead of emacs mode, utf-8 via the CLI might be easier. The emacs
mode insists on using that high-order bit to indicate stuff like M-x,
etc. The guy who generated libedit never responded to my email; he may
be dead/too busy/at a different email address/etc.

3. on sip destruction-- I have a crash in check_rtp_timeout, and it's
one of those chicken-egg issues; the channel pointer, pvt->owner goes
null while the routine is running. I need to either pull it into pieces
or lock things or... perhaps you might have some advice.

murf

--
Steve Murphy
Software Developer