[asterisk-dev] Coding guidelines change (proposed)

Raj Jain rj2807 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 19:35:44 CST 2008

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 3:40 PM, Russell Bryant <russell at digium.com> wrote:
>  >> I'd like to change the coding guidelines that the braces are no longer
>  >> optional; that they are mandatory,
>  > +1
>
>  +1 ... sort of.  I'd rather it just be "encouraged".

This is obviously a good idea. I just wanted to comment on the two
philosophies proposed so far -- "mandatory" vs. "encouraged". I think
if we just say that this is "encouraged" then it is no different from
what we have today. Most developers already know that this is always a
good idea. I've found myself deleting curly braces around single line
statements to make my patch look-and-feel like existing code. I'd say,
make it "mandatory".

--
Raj Jain

mailto:rj2807 at gmail dot com