[asterisk-dev] Coding guidelines change (proposed)

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Tue Feb 26 17:49:42 CST 2008

Michiel wrote:

You'll get no complaints from me if you were to
build a chan_skinny playground to track the various
patches for that channel driver.

The majority of the items I listed have been merged
already.  I updated the status of each bug-id/patch
with comments below.

Thanks,
Dan

> I bugged Jason Parker about this on IRC, and he told
> me chan_skinny is low priority right now. If you want
> I can setup a branch an put some skinny changes in it to
> keep it up-to-date with trunk so we wont have to re-upload
> the patches all the time. Just send me a mail on
> michiel at vanbaak.info or reply on this one and I'll get
> it done.

>> There's been a recent burst of activity on adding
>> features to and fixing bugs in chan_skinny.
>>
>> Since Mantis is the wrong place to discuss such things
>> here is my list:
>>
>> Pending w/patch:
>>
>> Bug-id
>> 9596          Fix problem dialing introduce with DTMF
>>               changes.
                        (Merged)

>> 9154          Add support for native bridging (RTP between
>>               Endpoints)
                        (Merged)

>> 9779          Add support for 12-hour clock format
                        (Merged)
>> 9762          Add regcontext and regexten support
                        (Merged, I think)

>> 9245          Support for 7935 phones
                        (Merged)
9939                    Call Park using softkey.

>> Wish list:
>>       Transfer
                (Patch available, seems to work OK)
>>       Conference
                (No code, but would be fairly easy when the
                  bridging API gets merged)
>>       Softkey template clean-up
                (Partially done is other patches)
>>       Real-time, with separate tables for devices, lines,
>>               SpeedDials, etc
                (No code, no eta, no interest?)
>>       Auto-registration
                (No code, no eta, no interest?)

>> Not directly chan_skinny:
>>
>> 8824          Remote Party Identification (This one works
>>               as submitted, but would be 'nicer' if it was
>>               a core feature instead of a dialplan app)
                        (Now the patch implements it as a core
                          feature, but still being discussed)