[asterisk-dev] Coding guidelines change (proposed)

Steven S. Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Feb 26 16:18:55 CST 2008

----- "Jon Pounder" <JonP at inline.net> wrote:
> Quoting Donny Kavanagh <donnyk at gmail.com>:
>
> > I agree with russ and some others, we should make that the policy
> for all
> > new submitted code, but i dont think we should go back and modify
> every
> > single if statement without brackets, that would be a nightmare.
> And the
> > possibility of introducing bugs would be large.
>
> and so would the possibility of finding bugs that are there already
> but undiscovered.

I don't think so. You seem to assume that a person doing a janator project is actually doing any real reading of the code. On previous janitor projects I have helped with, I did not actually read the code. I did the grep of the code for lines needing changed, and then edited those instances for whatever the project called for.

In this case, I would probably use the same grep line Tilghman used for the example, and only read enough of the code to make sure I am only touching statements that are specified in the janitor project scope. Then move on to the next line.
Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com