[asterisk-dev] Coding guidelines change (proposed)

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Tue Feb 26 11:55:15 CST 2008

I am not an active asterisk developer but I think requiring that is a
great idea - I have used that style in c and other languages for over
20yrs for exactly the same reasons.

Quoting Tilghman Lesher <tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com>:

> I'd like to propose a change to the coding guidelines, and I'm airing it here
> for specific feedback before we make this change.  Currently, our standard
> is that if you have a single statement following an if/for/while construct,
> then we do not require parentheses around the single statement.  While this
> is legal C, it has caused a number of issues in the past, where another
> statement was added at that indentation level, but without adding the
> necessary braces.
>
> I'd like to change the coding guidelines that the braces are no longer
> optional; that they are mandatory, and if this change is approved, a janitor
> project will be posted shortly to convert legacy code to the new standard.
>
> Are there any comments or objections before we implement this change?
>
> --
> Tilghman

Jon Pounder

    _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/       _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/_/_/_/

Inline Internet Systems Inc.
Thorold, Ontario, Canada

Tools to Power Your e-Business Solutions
www.inline.net
www.ihtml.com
www.ihtmlmerchant.com
www.opayc.com