[asterisk-dev] Coding guidelines change (proposed)

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Tue Feb 26 11:46:37 CST 2008

I'd like to propose a change to the coding guidelines, and I'm airing it here
for specific feedback before we make this change.  Currently, our standard
is that if you have a single statement following an if/for/while construct,
then we do not require parentheses around the single statement.  While this
is legal C, it has caused a number of issues in the past, where another
statement was added at that indentation level, but without adding the
necessary braces.

I'd like to change the coding guidelines that the braces are no longer
optional; that they are mandatory, and if this change is approved, a janitor
project will be posted shortly to convert legacy code to the new standard.

Are there any comments or objections before we implement this change?

--
Tilghman