[asterisk-dev] beta4: iax2 stats for rtotlost look really odd

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 16:49:01 CST 2008

With beta4:

JB STATS:IAX2/nhi-16384 ping=29 ljitterms=-1 ljbdelayms=0 ltotlost=-1
lrecentlosspct=-1 ldropped=0 looo=-1 lrecvd=-1
rjitterms=16 rjbdelayms=63 rtotlost=16777215 rrecentlosspct=0 rdropped=0
rooo=0 rrecvd=2096

If I'm reading this right, I had no local jitter, or delay, or lost
packets  and local receive ( what does this mean?) was ??

But on the remote side, I'm assuming this means incoming packets, I had
16 ms of jitter, a max jitter buffer delay of 63ms, but I lost over *16
million* incoming packets for a loss pct of 0, none dropped or
out-of-order. I received 2096 *1000 packets.

The remote here is another 1.4.13 server at another office. I was trying
  to determine whether which codec to use. I'm not even sure how these
stats compare to others, or what they should be. In any event, since the
jitter buffer is only used for received packets, what's the point of the
  "local" stats.

sean