[asterisk-dev] Another dial-option, catching hangup of caller party

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Fri Feb 8 08:51:53 CST 2008

On 2/8/08, Johan Wilfer <johan at wilfer.se> wrote:

> 2008/2/8, Atis Lezdins <atis at iq-labs.net>:
> > On 2/8/08, Johan Wilfer <johan at wilfer.se> wrote:
> > > Thanks! :-)
> > >
> > > I would encourage those who understand Asterisk better to look at the
> patch
> > > if I have overseen something. It works for me but app_dial is very
> complex.
> >
> > I wonder will this work with queues. I suspect that queue will try to
> > terminate created channel, or at least update some log.
>
> I haven't tried this. However it was my intent to use this in a local
> channel that is called by a queue,
>  to get rid of my two-people-conferences I use right now to get the same
> behaviour.
> My guess is that it would work just fine, because I use the G-flag in this
> way right now.
> And I implemented it the same way, but with only one channel instead of two.

I also meant the local channels that issue Dial. However i think,
there's the difference, because call is bridged trough queue, so queue
would first get notification when caller hanged up. If you intend to
use it in queue, can you give us an update when you'll have it
working?

> > Btw, how does CDRs look for this?
>
> You got two cdr-records. The first is just like a normal Dial(). The second
> for the time the called
>  part is "on it's own" until the call ends. I think this is very reasonable.

Good, that's reasonable.

Regards,
Atis