[asterisk-dev] Another dial-option, catching hangup of caller party

Johan Wilfer johan at wilfer.se
Fri Feb 8 08:22:56 CST 2008

2008/2/8, Atis Lezdins <atis at iq-labs.net>:

> On 2/8/08, Johan Wilfer <johan at wilfer.se> wrote:
> > Thanks! :-)
> >
> > I would encourage those who understand Asterisk better to look at the
> patch
> > if I have overseen something. It works for me but app_dial is very
> complex.
>
> I wonder will this work with queues. I suspect that queue will try to
> terminate created channel, or at least update some log.

I haven't tried this. However it was my intent to use this in a local
channel that is called by a queue,
to get rid of my two-people-conferences I use right now to get the same
behaviour.
My guess is that it would work just fine, because I use the G-flag in this
way right now.
And I implemented it the same way, but with only one channel instead of two.

Btw, how does CDRs look for this?

You got two cdr-records. The first is just like a normal Dial(). The second
for the time the called
part is "on it's own" until the call ends. I think this is very reasonable.

/Johan

Regards,