[asterisk-dev] [non]optimized builds

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Feb 6 04:21:29 CST 2008

Hi

On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 12:06:38PM +0200, Atis Lezdins wrote:

Answering just this side point:

> It would be also useful to have menuselect option for debug symbols.

I'm not sure that this warants a different build option. Better make it
an install option, as you're usually not that short of disk space when
building Asterisk.

Or maybe something as simple as 'make strip'.

Note that the debug symbols have no effect on the actual code that is
generated. The code is the same before and after stripping the debug
symbols from it. And there are methods of keeping the debug symbols in a
separate place, as I mentioned. You just have to be pretty confident
that the specific debug symbol files indeed refer to the specific
binaries.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com