[asterisk-dev] Status of SRTP (#5413)

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue Feb 5 13:32:56 CST 2008

Klaus Darilion wrote:
> I want to test SRTP with Asterisk. Can someone please explain me the status.
>
> Is #5413 still up2date or is there a newer patch?
> Does it work with trunk or 1.4? Do I have to use a certain Asterisk
> revision?
>
> Does it support RFC 4586? Is it compatible with Eyebeam/Snom/Cisco?

I have no idea what the status is of the current branch.  However, it's going to
start getting some priority pretty soon.  We have SIP TCP and TLS support, so it
is the next logical step.

Also, there is a branch pending that removes a SIP packet size limitation that
will allow for really large SIP messages like ones that include keys ...

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=8556

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer