[asterisk-dev] One-Channel-Useless CDR's.... HELP!!

Steve Murphy murf at digium.com
Fri Feb 1 09:34:06 CST 2008

Hello--

I'm in a state of indecision about what to do with bug 11516...
(http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=11516) I need some help from the
CDR-conscious user community.

ys generously, graciously, supplies a patch that removes unanswered
one-channel CDR records, based on the new config-file 'unanswered'
variable in cdr.conf.

His patch basically moves the code I inserted into the Dial() app, and
moves it into the main CDR flow by putting it in the post_cdr() func in
main/cdr.c. This is not a bad approach, and I don't mind doing it. It
**could** be a step up, a big improvement...

BUT, I'm pretty nervous about changing 1.4 code. I'd really appreciate
it if maybe 5 or 10 folks with money riding on CDR processing would take
the time to review and test the patch in bug 11516 and post their
thoughts to that bug.

If no-one cares or objects, the "squeakiest wheel", namely ys and anest,
who gave it a big "yes" vote, will win and I'll merge it into 1.4 and
trunk.

In general, CDR's need a pretty major overhaul in Asterisk, but that's a
different topic, and I'm not going there, at least not right now.

murf

--
Steve Murphy
Software Developer