[asterisk-dev] SRTP branch update

Terry Wilson twilson at digium.com
Fri Dec 19 17:48:16 CST 2008

I've spent the last few days getting the SRTP branch (now located at http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/team/group/srtp)
  up to date with trunk, cleaning up the code, fixing coding
guidelines issues, etc.  I've gone through everything except a couple
of files relating to the MIKEY support.  Some of the MIKEY code (res/
mikey.cc for instance) still has a lot of debugging code in it that
outputs to stdout/stderr, doesn't use any of the Asterisk helper
functions which are available, not to mention it relies on libraries
which no distros that I'm aware of distribute.  Also, it looks to be
unfinished, with several "todo" items listed.  This all brings me to
asterisk-dev to ask the following questions:

1) Does anyone know of any  phones other than the minisip softphone
that actually support MIKEY?

2) Has anyone tested out the asterisk SRTP code w/ MIKEY against some
of those phones so we know that the code is correct?

3) Since Asterisk now has TCP/TLS support in chan_sip, is there any
benefit to using MIKEY over using sdescriptions?

4) Should we keep and support the MIKEY code?

I appreciate everyone's input on this as I would like to finally get
this code on the way to being merged into trunk!

Terry