[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] New application JabberReceive, implement SendText in chan_gtalk and chan_jingle

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Sun Dec 14 05:54:34 CST 2008

On Dec 14, 2008, at 12:19 AM, John Todd wrote:

> On Dec 13, 2008, at 7:43 AM, Russell Bryant wrote:
>
>> On Dec 13, 2008, at 12:59 AM, John Todd wrote:
>>>
>>> [Syntax]
>>> JabberReceive(JID,Variable[,Timeout][,Account][,ThreadID][,options])
>>

>> As a side note, this should probably be a dialplan function instead
>> of
>> having the variable to set as an option.  Luckily, changing it to a
>> function isn't too bad, all of the code doing the work stays the
>> same.
>
> Sure, as far as my vote goes it'd be OK if there is a reasonable way
> to do it.  The only question I have is how would things like timeouts
> work?  Would the referencing application just "pause" until the timer
> was reached?  I'm not sure how this would translate into a function
> with a timer.

The timeout would still be OK.  As far as the dialplan goes, variables
and functions get evaluated before executing the associated
application.  So, the dialplan handling code is going to wait until
the evaluation is complete before continuing on with execution.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer