[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] New application JabberReceive, implement SendText in chan_gtalk and chan_jingle

John Todd jtodd at digium.com
Sun Dec 14 00:19:08 CST 2008

On Dec 13, 2008, at 7:43 AM, Russell Bryant wrote:

> On Dec 13, 2008, at 12:59 AM, John Todd wrote:
>> *CLI> core show application JabberReceive
>>
>>  -= Info about application 'JabberReceive' =-
>>
>> [Synopsis]
>> JabberReceive will receive a text message from a remote XMPP client
>> and
>>  store the contents in a given variable.
>>
>> [Description]
>> Same as Synopsis.
>>
>> [Syntax]
>> JabberReceive(JID,Variable[,Timeout][,Account][,ThreadID][,options])
>

> As a side note, this should probably be a dialplan function instead of
> having the variable to set as an option.  Luckily, changing it to a
> function isn't too bad, all of the code doing the work stays the same.

Sure, as far as my vote goes it'd be OK if there is a reasonable way
to do it.  The only question I have is how would things like timeouts
work?  Would the referencing application just "pause" until the timer
was reached?  I'm not sure how this would translate into a function
with a timer.

JT

---
John Todd                       email:jtodd at digium.com
Digium, Inc. | Asterisk Open Source Community Director
445 Jan Davis Drive NW -  Huntsville AL 35806  -   USA
direct: +1-256-428-6083         http://www.digium.com/