[asterisk-dev] Error msg: Asterisk is not Thread safe

Steven S. Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Dec 8 07:10:41 CST 2008

----- "Tilghman Lesher" <tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com> wrote:
> While you're right in that the last two tests probably don't mean
> anything
> and should probably be eliminated, some of the test is still valid.
> For the
> results shown so far, I think Kaloyan's machines (Slackware, glibc
> 2.7) are
> fine, while Patrick's machine (Fedora 10, glibc 2.9) has the indicated
> issue.
> This would tend to suggest that the problem occurred north of the
> distribution
> level and only certain distributions have detected the issue and fixed
> it
> downstream.

On the off chance you are right, my home machine is Debian with glibc 2.10
and gcc 4.3.2. The testcase app ran 1 time to a-ok and 3 times with the
Mutexes do not behave as recursive mutexes.

My office machine doesn't have glibc installed. Libc is 2.7-16 and gcc 4.3.2
and I get similar problems. Oh and also Debian.

On a debian box in our colo, we have libc 2.6.26-8 and gcc 4.2.3 and every
run is A-okay. Granted this machine hasn't been updated in a while.

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com