[asterisk-dev] Error msg: Asterisk is not Thread safe

Kaloyan Kovachev kkovachev at varna.net
Sun Dec 7 03:32:33 CST 2008

It looks like glibc-2.7's fault:
	Slackware 12.1
LOCK test_for_thread_safety:60 res=0
LOCK test_for_thread_safety:63 res=0
UNLOCK test_for_thread_safety:72 res=0
UNLOCK test_for_thread_safety:80 res=0
LOCK test_thread_body:23 res=0
LOCK test_thread_body:30 res=0
UNLOCK test_thread_body:38 res=0
UNLOCK test_thread_body:45 res=0
test_for_thread_safety:89 lock_count=20 != 0
Mutexes do not behave as recursive mutexes.

	Slamd64 12.1
LOCK test_for_thread_safety:60 res=0
LOCK test_for_thread_safety:63 res=0
UNLOCK test_for_thread_safety:72 res=0
UNLOCK test_for_thread_safety:80 res=0
LOCK test_thread_body:23 res=0
LOCK test_thread_body:30 res=0
UNLOCK test_thread_body:38 res=0
UNLOCK test_thread_body:45 res=0
test_for_thread_safety:89 lock_count=10 != 0
Mutexes do not behave as recursive mutexes.

both use 'gcc version 4.2.3' and glibc-2.7. One strange thing is that running
it several times gives 'A-okay' most of the time, but an error with lock count
10 or 20 (different each time) just rarely - probably that's why the message
is not shown frequently

On Sat, 6 Dec 2008 17:23:52 -0600, Tilghman Lesher wrote