[asterisk-dev] Possible Deadlock?

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 10:33:57 CDT 2008

> That was my first thought as well, but since this happened only once
> in 6 months and that enabling DEBUG_THREADS causes more problems than
> if fixes (at least the last time I tried it I got lots of deadlocks
> and other weird behaviors), this isn't going to really help. I just
> noted it in case someone can figure out it out. It seems to me that
> the SIP response 480 didn't release a lock, which caused other
> problems down the road.

If you enabled DEBUG_THREADS and got deadlocks, it's likely you also
got the answer to those deadlocks, shame on you for not having
reported those :-)

The reason for DEBUG_THREADS to be is not to avoid problems, but to
find the answer to those problems, I don't see why you say that is not
going to help.

Moy