[asterisk-dev] Possible Deadlock?

Norman Franke norman at myasd.com
Fri Aug 22 09:20:57 CDT 2008

On Aug 20, 2008, at 11:14 AM, asterisk-dev-request at lists.digium.com
wrote:

>> Minor correction: DEBUG_THREADS, not DEBUG_CHANNEL_LOCKS
>
> oops, sorry about that, Russell is correct, DEBUG_THREADS is the
> required option to compile with "core show channels" support. Select
> it by doing:
>
> make menuselect
>
> 10. Compiler Options -> 3. DEBUG_THREADS

That was my first thought as well, but since this happened only once
in 6 months and that enabling DEBUG_THREADS causes more problems than
if fixes (at least the last time I tried it I got lots of deadlocks
and other weird behaviors), this isn't going to really help. I just
noted it in case someone can figure out it out. It seems to me that
the SIP response 480 didn't release a lock, which caused other
problems down the road.

Norman Franke
Answering Service for Directors, Inc.
www.myasd.com