[asterisk-dev] app_fax.so and addons beta4

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Fri Aug 22 07:28:05 CDT 2008

Matt Riddell wrote:
> So is that into Asterisk 1.6 beta i.e. spandsp will be included in the
> release of Asterisk 1.6?

That is correct.  app_fax will be in Asterisk 1.6.0.

> Is Steve going to maintain it or has someone else offered to keep it in
> sync?

Do you mean app_fax for spandsp?  I can't comment on spandsp, but we
plan on maintaining app_fax, just like we maintain the rest of the code
that we distribute.  Also, the app_fax that we are distributing is not
the same one that has been distributed for spandsp in the past.  This
was a new one written specifically so that it could be included in
Asterisk, and also supports doing T.38 origination and termination.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer