[asterisk-dev] specific storage directory for CDR data instead of LOG_DIR

Caio Begotti caio at ueberalles.net
Wed Aug 20 09:37:16 CDT 2008

Morning!

Someone at #asterisk-br on IRC asked how to storage CDR data
somewhere else because he was running Asterisk in an embedded device
with no persistent logging (on RAM). At first I thought about using
the spool dir, but it seemed hackish because you might care about CDR
and still don't use monitoring or voicemail etc.

I've added a new ast_config_AST_CDR_DIR for a quick test and it did
the trick. If it's not found then Asterisk will still use
ast_config_AST_LOG_DIR for that as a fallback and no, it's not a
default value in my test even for new instalattions, it's only an
alternative path inside asterisk.conf.

Is that acceptable or does anyone have anything against it? I still
need to write a patch for cdr/cdr_sqlite*.c and cdr/cdr_custom.c. I
only got it working for the simple cdr-csv backend, that's why I
wanted to ask for input before going ahead.

[]s

--
Caio Begotti
http://caio.ueberalles.net/asterisk/faq/