[asterisk-dev] [policy] Bug Tracker Workflow Discussion

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Mon Aug 11 12:33:44 CDT 2008

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 10:24:51AM -0500, Russell Bryant wrote:
>> Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

>>> I'd just like to ride my personal hobby horse about ticket trackers
>>> here:
>>>
>>> Anyone can "RESOLVE" a ticket.
>>>
>>> Only the *originator* should be able to "CLOSE" one.  Nothing pisses me
>>> off worse than someone closing my ticket when I don't think they're
>>> done fixing it; telecom carriers are famous for this.
>> Fair enough.  I'd be happy to start doing this.  It would mean that the
>> bug marshal team would be responsible for monitoring issues in the
>> "resolved" state, to ensure that they eventually get closed out if there
>> is no response.
>
> Mantis also isn't designed to tickle the reporter on this, huh?

It should actually. When I have something closed when I am monitoring
it, I get an email indicating as such. This also happens when I see
something go to resolved, so as long as a note is inserted, you should
get something.

We may need a new filter that shows all bugs that have been RESOLVED,
but don't have a comment in them for more than 7-10 days so they can be
closed manually. I don't have a problem doing this.

>> We would also have to modify our mantis install just a bit to do this
>> properly.  The tag "closes issue #1234" would have to put it in resolved
>> instead of closed.  Also, we need to have that automatic resolve step
>> insert a note informing the ticket originator that they should close it
>> once they acknowledge that the issue has been resolved.
>
> This would be very nice, yes.  If nothing else, I would then have you
> guys to point to to say "look: they do it *right*!"  :-)

I think it makes sense too.

Leif Madsen.