[asterisk-dev] Question

Venefax venefax at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 13:11:04 CDT 2008

I need to change chan_sip the code so when it received a 603 code from the
outbound leg, it returns a 503. Where in the code is the best place to
change this? I have a business need to do that, since for every bad number
that that I get, the carrier sends a 603, and I am penalized for with my
client, who downgrades my route.  I use Trunk. Furthermore, this replacement
should be configurable in SIP.conf  and it would apply to peers, peer by
peer, so we can choose the default behavior. For example, a new
configuration line like:

reject_decline=yes ;default=no

Thanks in advance