[asterisk-dev] zap not coming online on fedora 8

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 27 07:03:45 CDT 2008

Hi Steven;

I am working to determine what exactly the problem,
one of the expectation that init script work fine in
the svn version and does not work fine with othe
versions, but the question is:

If I have init script and then I decided to have
another zaptel version, and I compiled, the old init
script stay or will be overwritten?

Any advise?
Regards
Bilal

---------------------
Bilal,

No problem as long as it works, that is the important
thing (but not
what I was going to suggest.  It should work from
source.)

What version is in the yum repo?  Is it the latest and
greatest?

Thanks,
Steve Totaro

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 2:42 PM, bilal ghayyad
<bilmar_gh at yahoo.com>

http://ftp.digium.com/pub/zaptel/zaptel-1.4-current.tar.gz

http://ftp.digium.com/pub/asterisk/asterisk-1.4-current.tar.gz
>  > >
>  > >  Please note that I used "make config" to have
>  > >  automatic loading when booting, so when
booting I
>  > get
>  > >  the following:
>  > >
>  > >  Starting zaptel loading zaptel farmwork
>  > ..............
>  > >  OK
>  > >  Waiting for zap to come online ------ FAILURE
>  > Error
>  > >  missing /dev/zap
>  > >
>  > >  My digium card is TDM401 with 2 fxs and 2 fxo
>  > card.
>  > >
>  > >  And ofcourse i do not find tone on my fxs.
>  > >
>  > >  Is it related to the automatic initialization
>  > script
>  > >  (that will be used when run make config) or to
my
>  > >  kernel or to what?
>  > >
>  > >  Any need to do any kind of modification?
>  > >
>  > >  Or I have to use yum instead of wget?
>  > >
>  > >  Regards
>  > >  Bilal
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >  ---------
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >  > Hi All;
>  > >  >
>  > >  >  Can any one advise if zaptel can work on
>  > fedora 8?
>  > >  I
>  > >  >  tried zaptel 1.4.10 and asterisk 1.4.19 at
>  > fedora 8
>  > >  ,
>  > >  >  but when booting, it was giving that fail
>  > load
>  > >  zap
>  > >  >  online.
>  > >  >
>  > >  >  Any advise for the needed kernel or any
>  > settings to
>  > >  >  let zaptel work fine on fedora 8? Any
specific
>  > >  >  recommended kernel?
>  > >  >
>  > >
>  > > >  Regards
>  > >  >  Bilal
>  > >  >
>  > >  >
>  > >
>  > >  It works fine for me.  What did you use to
>  > install
>  > >  Asterisk?  Yum or
>  > >  from source?
>  > >
>  > >  Thanks,
>  > >  Steve Totaro
>  >
>  > Initially, I just used the standard FC8 install
ISO
>  > DVD and did a yum
>  > update a day or so ago, so I assume it is running
>  > the latest (although
>  > it seems FC has a new kernel daily...)
>  >
>  > What do you see in /var/log/messages related to
the