[asterisk-dev] zap not coming online on fedora 8

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 26 11:55:24 CDT 2008

Dear Steve;

Thanks for your kindly reply.

First of all, which kernel u used when u used fedora
core 8?

About  me, I used:

wget
http://ftp.digium.com/pub/zaptel/zaptel-1.4-current.tar.gz

and:

wget
http://ftp.digium.com/pub/asterisk/asterisk-1.4-current.tar.gz

Please note that I used "make config" to have
automatic loading when booting, so when booting I get
the following:

Starting zaptel loading zaptel farmwork ..............
OK
Waiting for zap to come online ------ FAILURE Error
missing /dev/zap

My digium card is TDM401 with 2 fxs and 2 fxo card.

And ofcourse i do not find tone on my fxs.

Is it related to the automatic initialization script
(that will be used when run make config) or to my
kernel or to what?

Any need to do any kind of modification?

Or I have to use yum instead of wget?

Regards
Bilal

---------

,
>  but when booting, it was giving that fail to load
zap
>  online.
>
>  Any advise for the needed kernel or any settings to
>  let zaptel work fine on fedora 8? Any specific
>  recommended kernel?
>
>  Regards
>  Bilal

It works fine for me.  What did you use to install
Asterisk?  Yum or
from source?

Thanks,
Steve Totaro