[asterisk-dev] mISDN clear channel

Thu Apr 24 02:49:50 CDT 2008

Kévin Bouchard schrieb:

> Hi,
>

> I need to setup an H.324M call that is bridged through Asterisk over
> mISDN (DB410P). In order to do that, some bits need to be setup in Q.931
> setup message. I have hardcoded the Low Layer compatibility (UL1) to be
> set to H.223 & H.245 signaling properly. I use the "Unrestricted
> digital" option of mISDN as well. However, the H.223 stream on the other
> end is neither understand by the ISDN terminal on the NT side. I suspect
> Asterisk not to set the ISDN b-channel to "clear" or without compression
> to pass a byte stream other than ULAW or ALAW voice data on it.

Asterisk can not handle clear channels - the digital data is "tunneled"
through Asterisk using either A or U law. Often there is a problem if
the local channel used by h324m_call is U law, and ISDN is A law.
(verify with "show channel ..." - there you should see the used codec)

If mISDN uses ALAW, try to remove AST_FORMAT_ULAW from app_h324m.c.

regards
klaus