[asterisk-dev] astcli [was: Re: Tiny little bug]

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Apr 19 19:10:49 CDT 2008

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 01:15:52AM -0500, Brett Crapser wrote:

> First - a little history...
> I have a script(s) that build webpages from asterisk. It just does a set
> of  asterisk -rx's  to a running asterisk and takes the output to a file.
> I wrote this about 3 years ago. Haven't run it in about 2. I decided to
> bring it up to date.

Slightly off-topic: if you have a script that uses mmany such 'asterisk
-rx', consider replacing it with the script astcli from trunk:

  wget http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/trunk/contrib/scripts/astcli

It should work just as well with older asterisk versions, I believe.

You will need to set up manager interface access and thus you have some
extra setup.

OTOH, you don't have to filter out any other messages that happened to
be spit by the console at that specific time. And you probably get some
performance gains. Most notably with the option to pipe several commands
together.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com