[asterisk-dev] SIP to 3G and vice versa

Kévin Bouchard kevinbouchard at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 12:48:57 CDT 2008

Hi all,

I want to establish a call between SIP and 3G using Asterisk and app_h324m
via Digium ISDN 4 ports BRI interface (mISDN). Here's my dialplan

[default]

Exten => 45,1,h324m_call(dial at default)

Exten => dial,1,Dial(misdn/2/4444444)

With this dialplan, SIP call (X-Lite) never gets answered.  Nokia 6680 show
incoming video call. Call is established on this side, but displays "Waiting
for image".

I've seen a lot of posts in asterisk-video mailing list archives related to
patches that must be applied for userinformationlayer1 and so on. My version
of Asterisk is 1.4.18 and fontventa revision is 210. I've also seen a lot of
different dialplan, some hangup after dial, other don't.

Furthermore, I'll need to be able to place a call from 3G to SIP. I guess
that the h324m_gw function must be used in this case? Am I right?

I'm totally confused with all that stuff. Can someone help me a bit or point
me to some information? In the meantime, I'll continue to dig in the mailing
lists archives and do some trial and errors.

Kevin.