[asterisk-dev] NCS patch for 1.4.18

Nickola Kolev nikky at mnet.bg
Tue Apr 1 03:16:12 CDT 2008

Hello, John, list,

На Mon, 31 Mar 2008 20:30:17 -0700
John Todd <jtodd at loligo.com> написа:

> At 2:00 PM +0300 3/30/08, Nickola Kolev wrote:
> >
> >Hello, list,
> >
> >For a couple of days I've been trying to find a working patch for
> >Asterisk PBX, that would allow me to use an eMTA device, provisioned
> >according to [some of] the PacketCable specifications - i.e. with
> >MGCP/NCS. So, I've found a patch, written by Jason Burton in 2006,
> >as shown here:
> >http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2006-October/024164.html
> >
> >When I tried to apply it on a vanilla 1.4.18 Asterisk source tree,
> >it spew a lot of rejects, which then I kind of fixed.
> >
> >Please, if anyone is interested, give this patch a try a fix any
> >further mistakes.
> >
> >Disclaimer: I'm not a programmer! If you decide to use this, use it
> >at your own risk!
> >

> Nickola -
>    Thank you for the patch!  However, for patches of this size we
> would require that you go to the bugs.digium.com site and upload the
> patch there after filling out the disclaimer for the code and faxing
> it back to Digium (see the website for details.)  If this code is
> mostly Jason's, then he will also need to have a disclaimer on file.
>
>    These types of patches are welcome and encouraged, but they will
> only receive review and possibly be added to the code if they are
> submitted via that website.  Thanks!
>
> JT

I did that, but people there quite resonably dropped the patch, because
I'm not the original author of it. I appologise for the mess, and I'm
currently trying to contact Jason Burton, who posted the patch in 2006,
but for now of no avail.

So, sorry, once again. If someone knows how to contact James, or
better, if James is reading the list, please let me know. I would like
asterisk to have stable and good PacketCable NCS support.

I've upped Jason's patch (with mostly fixed rejects) on my site. If
anyone is interested, drop me a mail.

--
Regards,
Nickola Kolev