[asterisk-dev] Asterisk Manager/Gateway Interface SOAP (gSOAP)

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Sep 22 08:42:07 CDT 2007

On Sat, Sep 22, 2007 at 02:04:56PM +0200, Gregory Nietsky wrote:

> i have a requirement for sending AMI events to a Commercial CRM server
> for things like  inbound call notification and data push to the client.
>
> there 2 approaches the invasive and non invasive approach the non
> invasive is a simple daemon/soap client that fires off a packet when one
> is received
> a rather trivial task ..the invasive approach will be to compile the
> bindings for a predefined WSDL file into a shared lib with gSOAP this
> will be linked to
> asterisk and any manager event will be sent to to the current AMI and
> fired off in a soap envelope to the configured server.

What are the benefits of this as opposed to the "non-invasive" method?

Have you considered using astproxyman? It already provides 3 different
backends. I suppose adding another "output format" for it would not be
such a big deal.

> wether it is done as a standalone daemon or integrated the generation of
> the WSDL is the key i have one that im using on apache/php for sending
> CLI commands and reading responces from a drop down list of servers
> uptime/show chan/sip show peer ....

Surely possible today through the manager interface. Why do you use CLI
commands?

> im extending this to sending events
> and prehaps this should be hooked into the webserver on asterisk instead
> of apache running on the box ...to make asterisk 100% SOAP ... allowing
> for some some interesting  possibilities ...Email  integration  more
> consoles with wider features ....

AJAM was already added to the core of Asterisk. I'm not sure everybody
think that it was such a good idea.

> if you got so far you might be asking about licencing ...
>
> gSOAP is released under 3 licences allowing for commercial use alongside
> the GPL

A quick search gives me a number of soap-related libraries, and those
seem to have less murky licenses.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org