[asterisk-dev] MMX in Zaptel

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Sep 22 03:39:14 CDT 2007

Hi

Reminder: zconfig.h includes a defina called CONFIG_ZAPTEL_MMX,
undefined by default, to enable/disable MMX support in Zaptel. It also
warns of problems with various CPUs.

See also the previous thread:
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2007-August/029221.html

I have just commited a change to the kernel 2.6 Makefile to enable this
if the CPU supports MMX:
http://svn.digium.com/view/zaptel?view=rev&revision=3076
This is disabled by default. You need to explicitly edit that file or
something of the sort of:

  ZAPTEL_MMX_AUTO=yes make

to enable it. I do plan to enable it by default in the following release
(1.4.7 ).

The planed changes for that release (1.4.7 . Recall that 1.4.6 is not
yet released) -
1. Test MMX support on various systems
2. Enable the MMX support by default.
3. Remove all the echo cancellers except MG2 (and JPAH, for testing).
   Any need to keep KB1? It's dead code nobody uses.

I have initially kept "AMD" out of that list, and to add it later on
only after it has been tested to work.

Can anybody suggest a simple test for FPU unit corurption?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com