[asterisk-dev] Thoughts on Asterisk release management

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Thu Sep 20 14:29:26 CDT 2007

Matthew Fredrickson wrote:
> So, is your proposal basically to move Asterisk as well to a linux
> kernel 2.6 style kernel release cycle?

Yes, it would be a 2.6 release style for our development tree, as opposed to no
development releases at all, and then having a year and a half of bugs to track
down at once.

I still want to maintain long life cycle release branches that are feature
frozen, as well, like 1.0, 1.2, and 1.4, as I think there are a lot of people
that like that.

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer