[asterisk-dev] chan_iax problem (was Re: Thoughts on Asterisk release management

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Thu Sep 20 11:59:43 CDT 2007

On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 11:32:04AM -0500, Russell Bryant wrote:
> Stephen Davies wrote:
> > I must say that I tried to update my live service box last Tuesday to
> > trunk rev 81432 - with your new astobj2 stuff in chan_iax2.  I don't
> > know if I messed up the upgrade, but it just crashed and crashed and I
> > had to revert.  This is despite it running well on my other
> > "semi-production" box.
> >
> > So I haven't had a chance or courage to try it again.  So this sort of
> > process runs slowly.
>
> Well, that is certainly not good.  The code has been sitting in the 1.4 branch
> for a while now and I haven't heard any complaints.  I hope that it is working
> for people and it's not that nobody is using it.

actually now that is you mention it, i too had to disable
chan_iax on one of my boxex because it kept crashing
on some ao2-related change (at least, so i think from the panic message)
after an update on oct.14th (svn82401 at the time).

I didn't have the time to track down the problem, as the
stack trace was not obvious (calling some function
starting with __ and the string 'hash' as part of the name).
If i get some time i will try to replicate the problem during the weekend.

	cheers
	luigi