[asterisk-dev] CIA Asterisk Commits tracker problem

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Thu Sep 20 11:42:19 CDT 2007

On 10:31, Thu 20 Sep 07, Russell Bryant wrote:
> Philippe Sultan wrote:
> > It looks like the CIA Asterisk Commits tracking system is only
> > partially reporting commits, for a few days now.
> >
> > Most of them are missing, especially those made to the asterisk/
> > directory : http://cia.vc/stats/project/asterisk.org
> >
> > Was it an intentional change, or is there a problem somewhere?
>
> It was intentional.  The system is pretty flaky and has been going down rather
> often.  Also, with the way that it is currently set up for reporting commits, if
> it is down when you make a commit, the commit will hang for about 5 minutes.  I
> got fed up with it and disabled it for the asterisk and zaptel repositories,
> which get the most commits.
>
> I would be happy to re-enable it if we can do so in a way that can not block
> commits in the case that CIA is down.

I think you can setup CIA to monitor a mailinglist instead
of adding it to you post-commit. That would do the trick for
you.

You can also download the VM and run the CIA stuff yourself.
Haven't had time/motivation to test this, but it sounds
nice.

Also, you can use one of the newer svn scripts and put a &
in your post-commit hook after the CIA command to fork it to
the background.
--

Michiel van Baak
michiel at vanbaak.eu