[asterisk-dev] CIA Asterisk Commits tracker problem

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Thu Sep 20 10:31:09 CDT 2007

Philippe Sultan wrote:
> It looks like the CIA Asterisk Commits tracking system is only
> partially reporting commits, for a few days now.
>
> Most of them are missing, especially those made to the asterisk/
> directory : http://cia.vc/stats/project/asterisk.org
>
> Was it an intentional change, or is there a problem somewhere?

It was intentional.  The system is pretty flaky and has been going down rather
often.  Also, with the way that it is currently set up for reporting commits, if
it is down when you make a commit, the commit will hang for about 5 minutes.  I
got fed up with it and disabled it for the asterisk and zaptel repositories,
which get the most commits.

I would be happy to re-enable it if we can do so in a way that can not block
commits in the case that CIA is down.

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer