[asterisk-dev] MeetMe huge delays

Paulo Garcia paulo.astdev at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 09:20:36 CDT 2007

Hi Tony,

first, thank you for your well-done explanation for me.

I checked my channel driver code and it is using an approach to get the
samples from our card using our own method and write to a pipe to wakeup the
read call back. I saw that during the announcing message in conference, the
Asterisk doesn't process any queued VOICE_FRAME sent by my read callback.

After changing my code to avoid using read callback (which isnt necessary)
the delay doesn't occurs anymore but I had warning messages that my voice
frames are being dropped because the thread is to big, which proves that
Asterisk stops to read the frames during those playback messages.

I'll try your patch today to see if those behaviors disappear and I'll post
the results here.

Thanks