[asterisk-dev] Thoughts on Asterisk release management

Jim Capp jcapp at anteil.com
Wed Sep 19 21:40:36 CDT 2007

Again, a clean slate.  I think anyone who follows Linux kernel
development will understand the even/odd releases.  We support about a
1/2 dozen production Asterisk sites and another handful of
development/test sites.

If it weren't for the new features of 1.4, we'd still be on 1.2.
I think the plan sounds good, however, my $.02 is to make a concerted
effort to boil down and announce the new features and benefits of the
new releases in order to get more people interested enough to take the
risk of trying them.

JCapp