[asterisk-dev] Asterisk case insensitive

Eliel Sardanons eliels at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 19:32:23 CDT 2007

Asterisk should be case insensitive (??)

I have found some issues related to the asterisk CLI and chan_*,
app_queues, etc (http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=10700) that loads
in a case sensitive manner their config files and then we can't get
access to the configured data via the CLI commands (that is case
insensitive).
I think asterisk should be case insensitive and start reporting WARNINGS
when 'duplicate' entries are found on the config files (good point
'putnopvut'). If we are all agree with this we can start a janitor
project to correct every
config_load() (and find duplicates) and replace every strcmp with
strcasecmp when
necessary...

Thanks in advanced.

--