[asterisk-dev] AST_FRAME_DIGITAL/3G video calls

Sergio Garcia Murillo sergio.garcia at fontventa.com
Fri Sep 14 08:22:10 CDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tony Mountifield" <tony at softins.clara.co.uk>
To: <asterisk-dev at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2007 2:55 PM
Subject: Re: [asterisk-dev] AST_FRAME_DIGITAL/3G video calls

> In article <46E9B630.4080300 at pernau.at>,
> >
> > But if you use an AMR codec - for example bridging between an 3G video
> > call (AMR) and a SIP call (G711) requires transcoding - then you need
> > AMR licenses.
>
> Hmmm. How would you bridge between a 3G video call and a SIP call if the
> 3G were only decoded in an application?

It's explained a bit better in a previous message, the application creates a
local channel
that is then handled again by the asterisk pbx core. I.e:

[from-isdn]
exten => _X,1,h324m_gw(s at videocall)

[videocall]
exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/...)

The h324m_gw demuxes/muxes the frames from isdn channel (h223 data) and then
writes/read it from/to the local channel as audio/video frames.

Best regards
Sergio