[asterisk-dev] AST_FRAME_DIGITAL

critch critch at basesys.com
Thu Sep 13 13:55:26 CDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 13:34 -0500, Matthew Fredrickson wrote:
> An existing infrastructure which fits somewhat more closely to this
> problem is the translator architecture.  A channel can advertise the
> capability of being able to pass H223 encapsulated data, and if both
> channels natively support that format it can be natively passed over,
> without any sort of reencapsulation.  If the destination channel does
> not natively support H223 encapsulated data (or bearer capability, if
> you would like to look at it that way) then it can go through a
> translator to do demultiplexing  for that channel.

The translator is the way I was looking at it. What if you wanted to
record the conference being done in the H223 data? What if you wanted to
have DTMF triggers to do various core functions? A translator would
allow you to jump in the middle of the stream and snag off the frames
you are interested in to handle the functions.
--
critch <critch at basesys.com>