[asterisk-dev] Asterisk Manager Interface, Event: NewCallerid not raised at times

Nicholas Blasgen nicholas at blasgen.com
Mon Sep 10 15:43:54 CDT 2007

I'm surprised no one had responded to you earlier.  So I have a similar
popup thing for my application as well.  But I only look at NewCallerID to
figure out if it's an internal call verses a standard 10 digit phone
number.  Personally, I use LINK to see when channels are bridged.  Not quite
sure if that would meet your needs (depends on your application), but it
might be worth looking at.  I assume there is a good reason why you're using
the Manager and not AGI.  For me it was because I needed to know state
information about outgoing channels, and LINK will tell me when calls have
been established.

Feel free to e-mail me off-list if you have specific questions.

On 9/4/07, Devraj Mukherjee <devraj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am writing an application that relies on the Asterisk Manager
> Interface to monitor  incoming calls and popup GUI elements based on
> the various events.
>
> At present the I am relying on responding by NewCallerid event to
> monitor a new call, but at times the manager interface doesn't send
> this event across.
>
> Is there another event that the AMI sends that marks a new caller with
> the CallerID, or should I change something in my extensions.conf to
> reflect a NewCallerid everytime a call comes through?
>
> Thanks for any feedback.
>
> --
> "I never look back darling, it distracts from the now", Edna Mode (The
> Incredibles)

/Nick