[asterisk-dev] Asterisk Manager Interface, Event: NewCallerid not raised at times

Devraj Mukherjee devraj at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 21:28:00 CDT 2007

Hi everyone,

I am writing an application that relies on the Asterisk Manager
Interface to monitor  incoming calls and popup GUI elements based on
the various events.

At present the I am relying on responding by NewCallerid event to
monitor a new call, but at times the manager interface doesn't send
this event across.

Is there another event that the AMI sends that marks a new caller with
the CallerID, or should I change something in my extensions.conf to
reflect a NewCallerid everytime a call comes through?

Thanks for any feedback.

--
"I never look back darling, it distracts from the now", Edna Mode (The
Incredibles)