[asterisk-dev] Asterisk HW Requirements

Edvard Del Prete eedvard at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 06:05:00 CDT 2007

Hi,
I'm installing a new server and i'm wondering about the HW configurations
that i should need for it.

I'd have nearly always about 500 Simultaneous calls, 8 hours a day for 20
days a month.

I'd be using the g729 codec which uses 8kbps, Of connectivity i'd have
direct access to the Internet network at an isp, that way i'd have 100mbit/s
of speed, so from the connectibity side everything is fine.

My question now is, What hardware should i need to have my server going on
perfectly? (Like CPU, RAM, etc).

That way i can start to see what hardware i need for the server :)

Thanks