[asterisk-dev] I need to contribute in Asterisk project

Steve Totaro stotaro at first-notification.com
Sat Sep 8 11:28:29 CDT 2007

Mohammed Allam wrote:

> Dears,
>
> My name is Muhammad Allam, I live in egypt.  i'm student at Computer
> science in Menufia university.  I enthusiasticto contribute in
> Asterisk project where my contribution will be my Graduation project
> with my two friends. could you provide me with any idea?any clue?
> Waiting your reply:)
>

> Thanks in advance
> Muhammad Allam
> MuhammadAllam.blogspot.com

YES, Make a GUI that does not limit Asterisk in any way and within the
GUI make redundancy/failover/heart-beat/shared DBs and realtime/Dundi,
etc all as easy to configure as a click of the mouse.

When configured, a map should be displayed of the how all of the systems
interconnect.  You should be able to click on any system and get
realtime info like Munin and ping times to other servers.  Right click
should allow SSH access.

The map should also include the ability to simulate a box, link, or
service provider going down and what would happen.  In the simulation,
you can enter the number of calls originating or terminating in your
current setup as well.  Generating reports of how many dropped calls,
trunks, etc will be affected by any one unit going down or even a whole
center, and if a caller calls right back, will they get through.

This should all be done under whatever GPL is the least restrictive.

Thanks,
Steve