[asterisk-dev] app_queue membercount

Watkins, Bradley Bradley.Watkins at compuware.com
Wed Sep 5 08:19:39 CDT 2007

From: asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Wolfgang
Pichler
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2007 8:00 AM
To: asterisk-dev at lists.digium.com
Subject: [asterisk-dev] app_queue membercount

	Hi all,

	with r76801 the application queue was patched to now include a
variable membercount to keep track of the number of queue members.

	As Michelson noted in the changelog - as a side effect the
QUEUE_MEMBER_COUNT function did also changed to return the number of
members regardless of their state.

	I think that may people still want to use the old method, to get
the real member count (members which are logged on). (we are one of
those peoples....)

	In my opinion there are 3 values which are from interest
	    - the complete member count (as it gets now returned by
QUEUE_MEMBER_COUNT)
	    - the logged in member count (as QUEUE_MEMBER_COUNT did it
before the change)
	    - the free member count (how many logged in members do not
have a call)
	There are two possible ways to implement this
	    - Create an own function for each value of interest
(QUEUE_MEMBER_COUNT, QUEUE_AVAILABLE_MEMBERS, QUEUE_FREE_MEMBERS)
	    - Add a parameter to the QUEUE_MEMBER_COUNT function to
control which value it should return (no parameter = current behaviour,
parameter l = old behaviour, parameter f = only free members)

Personally, I think the last one is the closest.  However, I would
rather see it implemented as a function QUEUE_MEMBER which will take
parameters COUNT, AVAILABLE, and FREE (like how CALLERID takes NUM,
NAME, etc.).

Just my .02c

Regards,
- Brad