[asterisk-dev] app_queue membercount

Wolfgang Pichler wpichler at yosd.at
Wed Sep 5 07:00:09 CDT 2007

Hi all,

with r76801 the application queue was patched to now include a variable membercount to keep track of the number of queue members.

As Michelson noted in the changelog - as a side effect the QUEUE_MEMBER_COUNT function did also changed to return the number of members regardless of their state.

I think that may people still want to use the old method, to get the real member count (members which are logged on). (we are one of those peoples....)

In my opinion there are 3 values which are from interest
    - the complete member count (as it gets now returned by QUEUE_MEMBER_COUNT)
    - the logged in member count (as QUEUE_MEMBER_COUNT did it before the change)
    - the free member count (how many logged in members do not have a call)
There are two possible ways to implement this
    - Create an own function for each value of interest (QUEUE_MEMBER_COUNT, QUEUE_AVAILABLE_MEMBERS, QUEUE_FREE_MEMBERS)
    - Add a parameter to the QUEUE_MEMBER_COUNT function to control which value it should return (no parameter = current behaviour, parameter l = old behaviour, parameter f = only free members)

I would be happy to implement this - but i'd like to know which way to go before writting code which then gets thrown away...

I did opend issue #0010652

regards,
Wolfgang Pichler